All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1035 AD, a lame boy escapes an assassin's attack at the Duke of Normandy's castle and spends the next decade developing into Normandy's emissary to Flanders, Denmark, Norway, and England. While his true identity remains a mystery, the emissary studies with a local warrior-turned-healer and travels through Flanders and Denmark as an ambassador. Pursued by an assassin, he finds help from powerful friends of the Kings of England and Norway. When a false accusation forces him to escape to Iceland and then to North America, the emissary receives vision-training from the last Icelandic prophetess and a Mi'kmaq wise man, learns the ways of Native American culture, and falls in love with his future wife. Finally able to return home, he uses his talents to resolve political and romantic crises for Duke William of Normandy. But in 1066, the new King of England runs afoul of the Pope, who has Duke William in his power. A fight for supremacy seems imminent, and Cuin's talents may t be eugh to stop it. Steeped in rich historical detail and told in a first-person voice meticulously crafted in the tone of the 11th Century, Tapestry looks behind the scenes at the history of the Battle of Hastings-and discovers an astonishing cover-up.
- Author BiographyChristopher Largent is the co-author (with Denise Breton) of three critically acclaimed nonfiction books: The Soul of Economies ; The Paradigm Conspiracy ; and Love, Soul, and Freedom: Dancing with Rumi on the Mystic Path. He has taught comparative religion and the history of philosophy, Shakespeare, English, the Arthurian cycle, and poetry. He has also given public lectures on many historical subjects, run two micro-presses, and worked as a marketing manager for a third, while also performing peer-review editing for four small houses. He is currently working on a novel set just after the death of Plato that discovers overlooked mysteries in the life of Alexander the Great. He also teaches with his wife at a classical academy in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Christopher Largent
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date30/06/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1048 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.