All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery class includes a number of pupils whose learning needs are greater than, or different from, those of the rest of the class. All teachers should be able to identify targets to use as the baseline for intervention and to help those children to make appropriate progress in small steps so as to feel a sense of achievement. However, many teachers in mainstream primary schools don't kw what the next 'target' should be. They kw what the child can't do, but they often don't kw how to express that as a target. This fourth title in a powerful new series of practical books will support SENCos and mainstream primary school teachers in thinking about what their SEN pupils can do and deciding on the next steps. It offers a system for setting and monitoring targets which can replace or complement IEPs. Suggestions for strategies and activities for achieving targets are included throughout. * Each book comes with a CD with photocopiable material, including targets pages and Records of Progress templates. Target Ladders: Speech, Language and Communication Needs addresses seven key aspects of SLCN: Early communication; Attention; Play and social interaction; Comprehension; Expressive language; Social communication; Speech. Helpful checklists and practical advice for creating SLCN-friendly classrooms make this an ideal practical resource for the busy primary teacher. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Differentiating for Inclusion series is designed to narrow the gap between children with SEN and their peers. Books in this series offer teachers helpful guidance in identifying both what children can already do and what specific targets they need support in achieving. The positive approach of structured small-steps targets, together with activities for teaching these, will ensure that children with SEN make accelerated progress. The books are all written by experienced practitioners.
- Author BiographyThe authors (Susan Lyon, Neil Barrett, Sarah Boulter, Anna Heydon, Jo Westwood and Jen Williams) are a team of speech therapists who work for the East Coast Community Healthcare CIC from their base in Lowestoft, Suffolk. Different members of the team specialise in working with children in language units, children in special schools, preschool children and those with AS, but all of the team also work in mainstream schools and health clinics.
- Author(s)Anna Heydon,Jen Williams,Jo Westwood,Neil Barrett,Sarah Boulter,Sue Lyon
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDifferentiating for Inclusion
- Place of PublicationHyde
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Width196 mm
- Height254 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.