All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the year 2000, exciting developments in cancer therapy have occurred. For decades in the 20th century, the hallmark of medical treatment for cancer had been cytotoxic chemotherapy, with drugs targeting rapidly dividing cells, including cancer cells but also certain rmal tissues. As a result, many patients experienced the classic toxicities of alopecia, gastrointestinal symptoms and/or myelosuppression. In the last years, however, clinical research has been strongly occupied with the identification of mutations and aberrations concerning molecular pathways in cancer and their alterations, which has enabled the emergence of a targeted (somewhat personalized) medicine approach to treatment. Today, although traditional cytotoxic chemotherapy remains the treatment of choice for many malignancies, tably as first-line agents, targeted therapies are a possible choice for many types of cancer, including breast, prostate, CRC, lung, kidney cancers, as well as lymphoma, leukaemia, and myeloma. Over 60 of these targeted therapies recently approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are detailed in the book, and their intended use in one or more cancer types are shown.
- Author(s)Marc Lacroix
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.