All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume draws together essays by fourteen international scholars in the field of Aramaic and Syriac studies. It is published to pay fitting hour to Professor Martin McNamara, who has contributed so much to Targumic studies for almost forty years. The contributions in this collection reflect his interests in the study of the Targums, the development of the Aramaic language and early Jewish and Christian literature. Many of the contributors to this volume have worked with Professor McNamara in preparing volumes for the Aramaic Bible series, to which he has devoted so much time and energy.
- Author BiographyKevin Cathcart is Professor of Near Eastern Languages at University College, Dublin. Kevin Cathcart is Professor of Near Eastern Languages at University College, Dublin. Michael Maher is Professor of Old Testament Studies at Mater Dei Institute of Education, Dublin. Michael Maher is Professor of Old Testament Studies at Mater Dei Institute of Education, Dublin.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byKevin J. Cathcart,Michael Maher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.