All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBest friends come in all shapes and sizes! After retiring from the circus, Tarra became the first resident of the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. When other elephants moved in and developed close friendships, only Tarra remained independent? until the day she met a stray mixed-breed dog named Bella. It was love at first sight as this unlikely duo became inseparable. They ate together, slept together, and even understood each other's language. And when Bella suffered a severe spinal injury, Tarra stayed by her side and was there for her until Bella regained her health. Brilliant color photographs of Tarra and Bella at home in the Elephant Sanctuary deftly illustrate this inspiring story of companionship, and an informative te about the Sanctuary provides a great resource for parents and teachers.
- Author BiographyCarol Buckley is the cofounder and CEO of the Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Carol Buckley
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width257 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Photographer(s)Carol Buckley
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.