All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it is in Madrid's cafe s or in Barcelona's fish markets, van den Brinks takes you on a trip through Spain where tasting and smelling are the key occupations. You will see the shop windows in Madrid displaying pig's trotters, the famous Serra ham, or typical Spanish sweet cakes. You will taste crispy pig's ears but also a rich chickpeas soup. You will smell the strong coffee and the damping tortilla when breakfasting out of doors. With historical background and personal memories and associations van den Brink put down a lively description of Spain, its culture and traditions both in the city and the countryside. This story focuses on enjoying various Spanish dishes in both exquisite restaurants and more commonplace settings.
- Author BiographyHM van den Brink, who lived for years in Spain as a foreign correspondent for the Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad, is a journalist and the author of On the Water. Yne Hogetoorn is a translator.
- Author(s)H. M. van den Brink
- PublisherThe Armchair Traveller at the Bookhaus
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Armchair Traveller at the BookHaus
- Weight159 g
- Width124 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.