All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.55Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $46.55Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.21Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the Great Spirits created the world, the Trickster fooled the Pte Oyate (Buffalo Nation) into leaving the Underworld. They became the Ordinary People and needed help to survive. Tatanka, the holy man, turned himself into a Buffalo and sacrificed his powers for the people. With all that Tatanka provided, the Ordinary - or Lakota - People adapted to the earth around them and prospered. The transformation of the Buffalo Nation into the Ordinary People and their salvation by Tatanka comes from the traditional creation story of the Lakota, or Sioux, Indians. Donald F. Montileaux's beautiful paintings offer dramatic colors and forms to this story of beginnings.
- Author BiographyDonald F. Montileaux is an Oglala Lakota artist, illustrator, presenter, and consultant on Lakota culture. He lives in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA with his family.
- PublisherSouth Dakota State Historical Society
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationPierre
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth Dakota State Historical Society
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width279 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.