All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA powerful story of grief and hope, a passionate and epic love story from the Russian-born author of the internationally bestselling vels TULLY and ROAD TO PARADISE. The world at war ...two people in love. Tatiana is eighteen years old and pregnant when she miraculously escapes war-torn Leningrad to the West, believing herself to be a widow. Her husband, Major Alexander Belov, a decorated hero of the Soviet Union, has been arrested by Stalin's infamous secret police and is awaiting imminent death as a traitor and a spy. Tatiana begins her new life in America. In wartime New York City she finds work, friends and a life beyond her dreams. However, her grief is inescapable and she keeps hearing Alexander calling out to her. Meanwhile, Alexander faces the greatest danger he's ever kwn. An American trapped in Russia since adolescence, he has been serving in the Red Army and posing as a Soviet citizen to protect himself. For him, Russia's war is t over, and both victory and defeat will mean certain death. As the Second World War moves into its spectacular close, Tatiana and Alexander are surrounded by the ghosts of their past and each other. They must struggle against destiny and despair as they find themselves in the fight of their lives. A master of the historical epic, Paullina Simons takes us on a journey across continents, time, and the entire breadth of human emotion, to create a heartrendingly beautiful love story that will live on long after the final page is turned.
- Author BiographyPaullina Simons was born in Leningrad in 1963. As a child she emigrated to Queens, New York, and attended colleges in Long Island. Then she moved to England and attended Essex University, before returning to America. She lives in New York with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Paullina Simons
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/02/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight390 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- dewriver9904 Aug, 2016by
Book 2 of the Trilogy
I enjoyed Book 1 of the Trilogy and couldn't wait to read book 2. I really enjoyed that book too.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- gmnicho09 Nov, 2012by
my wife loves it!
bought this for my wife, she read the first one in the series and has nearly finished reading this one in record time. she love's it! the author must be a really good storyteller because my wife never reads!
- braidy_6508 Dec, 2014by
Great book,fast story,incentive to read her other novelsAs This book tells you the realistic way of life for the russian people, the poverty and violence and how supressed they were.Its a real eye opener
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43