Tattoo Machine: Tall Tales, True Stories, and My Life in Ink by Jeff Johnson (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA behind-the-scenes tour of the fabled tattoo industry on the arm of a swashbuckling insider and natural-born storyteller. In the eighteen years he's been a tattoo artist, Jeff Johnson has worked on everyone from nervous young coeds who turn green at the sight of his needle (chudders) to cocky would-be artists with fancy design degrees and weak constitutions (night hogs). As the proprietor of the legendary Sea Tramp Tattoo Company, he's inked gangbangers, age-defying moms, and sociopaths; he's defused brawls, tended delicate egos, learned to spot and avoid bunnies, and made it his mission to perpetrate ingenious and awful practical jokes on his fellow Trojans. He's a true swamp panther: He kws all the tricks of the trade and, more important, he kws how to keep his legendary shop in Portland, Oregon, from becoming the scene of a nightly bloodbath. In Tattoo Machine, Johnson lifts the curtain on an art form that has undergone rebirth and illuminates a world where art, drama, and commerce come together in highly entertaining theater. A tattoo shop is longer a den of social outcasts and degenerates-it's a workshop where committed and schooled artists who paint on living canvases develop close bonds and bitter rivalries, where tattoo legends and invators are equally revered, and where the potential for disaster lurks in every corner. Discussing everything from his days as an apprentice to some of the greatest inkers in the trade to the incredibly vivid nightly spectacular over which he presides, Jeff Johnson has written a sometimes riotous, sometimes harrowing, and always riveting memoir about what it means to be on the front lines of a global art revolution. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJeff Johnson has been tattooing professionally for eighteen years and is the co-owner of the Sea Tramp Tattoo Company, the oldest tattoo shop in Portland, Oregon. This is his first book. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jeff Johnson
- PublisherSpiegel & Grau
- Date of Publication08/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpiegel & Grau
- Weight204 g
- Width168 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.