All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive analysis of tax systems and tax reforms in a number of Latin American countries since the early 1990's, including Argentina and Brazil, Costa Rica and Mexico, Paraguay, Colombia, Chile and Uruguay. The authors present and discuss tax systems from a broad quantitative and historical perspective and describe the main taxes existing in each country, presenting the details of their institutional features. The existing interactions between the ecomic structure, the corporate tax system and the attraction of FDI inflows are of paramount importance and these issues are deeply analyzed in the book. A characteristic trait of the area is the proliferation of tax havens, particularly located in the Caribbean and in some other small islands, and the book provides an analysis of these havens and the counteractions adopted by the OECD countries. Finally, the book investigates the political ecomy of Latin America's taxation, exploring why many of these countries have experienced a democratic transition but poor ecomic performances.
- Author BiographyLuigi Bernardi is Professor of Public Finance at the University of Pavia, Italy. Alberto Barreix is Senior Fiscal Economist at the Inter-American Development Bank. Anna Marenzi is Associate Professor of Public Economics at the Universita degli Studi dell'Insubria, Varese, Italy Paola Profeta is Associate Professor of Public Economics, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies in Money and Banking
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 60 black & white tables, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlberto Barreix,Anna Marenzi,Luigi Bernardi,Paola Profeta
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.