All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat constitutes a just tax system, and what are its moral foundations? Should a society's tax regime be designed to achieve a just distribution of wealth among its citizens, or should such a regime be designed to promote ecomic growth, rising standards of living, and increasing levels of employment? Are these two goals compatible or incompatible? Why should justice t require, or at least lead to, an increase in general prosperity? The essays in this volume examine the history of tax policies and the rmative principles that have informed the selection of various types of taxes and tax regimes; ecomic data to discover which tax policies lead to ecomic growth; particular theories of justice or property rights regarding the design of tax systems; and other essays propose specific tax reforms. Still others challenge traditional theories of taxation, offering new ways of understanding the fiscal relationship between governments and their citizens.
- Author BiographyEllen Frankel Paul is Deputy Director of the Social Philosophy and Policy Center and Professor of Political Science at Bowling Green State University. Fred D. Miller, Jr. is Executive Director of the Social Philosophy and Policy Center and Professor of Philosophy at Bowling Green State University. Jeffrey Paul is Associate Director of the Social Philosophy and Policy Center and Professor of Philosophy at Bowling Green State University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2006
- Series TitleSocial Philosophy and Policy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byEllen Frankel Paul,Fred D. Miller,Jr.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.