All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecently, a research program on the compliance costs and the ecomic effects of taxation in New Zealand was undertaken within the Inland Revenue Department. Taxation and the Limits of Government is an edited volume which presents the best of the papers that emerged from that research program. Topical coverage includes a brief history of reform in New Zealand, the effect of taxation on ecomic growth, the marginal cost of taxation, the employment effects of taxation, income distribution, the hidden ecomy and taxation, tax compliance, taxation and bankruptcy, and estimates of effective tax rates.
- Author BiographyGerald W. Scully is Professor of Economics in the School of Management at the University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, USA. In 1996 he was Visiting Professor at the Inland Revenue Department, Wellington, New Zealand. Patrick James Caragata received his PhD in political economy from the University of Toronto in 1981. In June 1988 he moved to New Zealand and became chief economist at the Ministry of Energy where he redesigned the royalty regime for petroleum. His book Resource Pricing: Rent Recovery Options for New Zealand's Energy and Mineral Industries (1989) is now used as a standard reference tool for designing resource royalties in Asia and Latin America. In 1991 he became chief tax policy adviser with Inland Revenue in New Zealand. He redesigned the petroleum mining taxation regime in 1991, and worked extensively on international tax issues for several years. In 1994 he initiated the work to monitor the Health of the Tax System. As special adviser taxation economics he led the production of 37 working papers and the Report on the Health of the Tax System in September 1997. In October 1997 Dr. Caragata was appointed managing director of McCallum Petterson Financial Diagnostics Ltd. in Wellington. In 1998 he edited The Economic and Compliance Consequences of Taxation: A Report on the Health of the Tax System in New Zealand, also published by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byGerald W. Scully,Patrick James Caragata
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.