Taxation of Entertainers, Athletes, and Artists by Lionel S Sobel (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $144.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs author Lionel S. Sobel states, most U.S. citizens want their taxes to be as low as possible. But, he explains, entertainers, athletes, and artists are t most people, and their often significant earnings and the available tax planning strategies may require special understanding and handling. These consideration may be especially important in how aggressive any tax planning methods are used that could be perceived negatively by their fans, the general population, and the media. Adding further complication, the law makes tax-significant distinctions that greatly affect entertainers, athletes, and artists, including issues such as residency, the Alternative Minimum Tax, and various international tax treaties. In Taxation of Entertainers, Athletes, and Artists, Lionel Sobel discusses the many complex issues affecting the income taxation of these professionals. In the first part, the book deals exclusively with U.S. domestic taxation policies and procedures, covering how the United States taxes income earned in the United States by entertainers, athletes and artists who are U.S. citizens and resident aliens. The book s second part focuses on international taxation. These chapters address how entertainers, athletes, and artists are taxed in the United States, when income earned in the U.S. when they are n-resident aliens; and outside the U.S., in other countries tax when income earned in those countries when they are U.S. citizens and U.S.-resident aliens. Finally, the book discusses how the U.S. has provided some tax relief for those of its citizens and resident aliens who pay tax in other countries.
- Author BiographyLionel (Lon) S. Sobel is a Visiting Professor at UCLA School of Law where he teaches a course on the taxation of entertainers, athletes, and artists. Previously, he was a Professor at Southwestern Law School and Loyola Law School where he taught courses on personal income tax, business income tax, and entertainment law.
- Author(s)Lionel S Sobel
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.