All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2017 Edition just released! Small business retirement and 401k plans expanded. How can I avoid self-employment taxes? This simple question was the inspiration for creating an article describing the benefits of an S Corporation. That original article, which was about four pages long, quickly became a series of KwledgeBase articles on the Watson CPA Group website. The articles touched on basic topics such as how to elect S Corp status, shareholder payroll, reasonable salary determination and liability protection. Those broad topics demanded much more information, both horizontally by spanning into more related issues, and vertically by digging deeper into the granular yet riveting levels of the tax code. Our 2017 edition of this book will show you- The Fallacy of Nevada Corps State Taxes, Nexus and Liability S Corp Benefits, Tax Savings The 185 Reasons an S Corp or LLC Might Stink Forming and Operating an S Corp Late S Corp Election (Yes, Back to Jan 1 2016) Tax Deductions, Fringe Benefits, Kids on Payroll and Cars Properly Paying for Health Insurance Retirement Planning with Your S Corp Business Valuation and Exit Strategies Each week we receive several phone calls and emails from small business owners and other CPAs across the country who have read our Taxpayer's Comprehensive Guide to LLCs and S Corps and praised the wealth of information. Regardless of your current situation, whether you are considering starting your own business or entertaining a contracting gig, or you are an experienced business owner, the contents of this book are for you. This book is written with the general taxpayer in mind. Too many resources simply regurgitate complex tax code without explanation. While in some cases tax code and court opinions are duplicated verbatim because of precision of the words, this book strives to explain many technical concepts in layperson terms with some added humor and opinions. We believe you will find this book educational as well as amusing.
- Author BiographyJason Watson is the Managing Member for the Watson CPA Group, a Colorado Springs tax, accounting and consultation firm. His main focus as Managing Member is small business consultation, and financial, investment and estate planning. Jason has owned two small businesses in the past and holds both a Bachelor's and Master's in Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. He also became an Enrolled Agent with the IRS in 2013 and passed the Series 7 General Securities test in 2015. Note, he is a not a CPA. During college he migrated towards finance, economics and statistics, and not towards accounting. However, he only needs 15 more credits in accounting, and is trying to knock that out by spring of 2017. So, if he's a bit grumpy please understand why. Debits and credits. Yuck. Aside from carrying the one in accounting class, his desire is speaking with small business owners and creating a dynamic map for the future. Jason enjoys talking about business planning, corporate structures, self-employment taxes, health insurance issues and retirement planning. He is quick to point out that while 70% of the all situations can be covered with the basics, every business and person is truly unique. Jason is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and business valuator, and offers mediation support for divorcing couples. He also appears as a financial expert witness, and volunteers for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy in Boulder, Colorado. Jason is also founder and Principal of One Call Capital Group, a registered investment firm in Colorado. He approaches investment strategies from a financial planning perspective, and wants to ensure the plan meets the objectives. One Call Capital Group embraces a fee based approach to investment and financial planning, as opposed to commissions. While not speaking to a group of business owners, chatting it up with Colorado Springs CPAs or reading the latest thrilling IRS Publication, Jason likes dirt biking, boating in Wisconsin, watching the Packers beat the Bears (it never gets old), and running trails in Colorado. He used to also be a pilot for SkyWest Airlines, a United Express airline, but resigned in March 2015 to focus on small business owners and financial planning. Lastly and most importantly, he is a father of three numbskulls (Brendan, Corinne and AJ) and married to the Watson CPA Group's founder and Senior Partner, Tina Watson CPA.
- Author(s)Jason Watson
- PublisherWatson CPA Group
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWatson CPA Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.