All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTchaikovskyE s Sixth Symphony (1893), widely recognized as one of the worldE s most deeply tragic compositions, is also kwn for the mystery surrounding its hidden programme and for TchaikovskyE s unexpected death nine days after its premiere. While the sensational speculations about the composerE s possible planned suicide and the suggestion that the symphony was intended as his own requiem have long been discarded, the question of its programme remains.
- Author BiographyMarina Ritzarev is an Israeli musicologist of Russian background. She has contributed to research in eighteenth-century Russian music, including biographies of Dmitry Bortniansky and Maxim Berezovsky, and study of choral spiritual concerto. She is the author of Eighteenth-Century Russian Music (Ashgate 2006), a biography of Sergei Slonimsky, and articles developing the theory of vernacular in music. She is Professor of Bar-Ilan University and President of the Israeli Musicological Society.
- Author(s)Marina Ritzarev
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 42 music examples
- Weight518 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.