Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionIn his debut vel, Christopher Howard travels to the furthest and rarely seen reaches of the world, Mongolia. Warren is a disaffected Peace Corps volunteer who flees life in late capitalist America to find himself stationed in the post-industrialist urban hell of Mongolia. Needing to find an escape from his escape, Warren seeks solace in 'tsus', the mysterious blood tea that may be the final revenge of the defeated Khans - or that may be only a powerful hallucigen operating on an uneasy mind - as a phantasmagoria of violence slowly envelops him.
- Author BiographyAfter an adolescence spent in Illinois and Missouri, Christopher Howard set off with the Peace Corps for Mongolia in the late 1990s, before returning home with a severe case of giardiasis. His short story How to Make Millions in the Oil Market, published in McSweeney's and inspired by his time abroad, was nominated for the 2008 National Magazine Award in Fiction. Along with Jodi Picoult, he was one of two authors selected to provide a short story for the launch of Amazon Singles in January 2011. Howard lives in Illinois.
- Author(s)Christopher Howard
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.