All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGerhard Venter has combined into a book all of the academic writing he has done for his MTS (Master of Theological Studies) degree at Emory University's Candler School of Theology. He offers deep insight into a variety of religious topics as Luther, Job and theodicy, Wittgenstein, Descartes, Augustine, the religious contents of some works of literature, Rastafari beliefs, a bunch of famous theologians, the German poet-philosopher Friedrich Holderlin (his master's thesis), and even includes three short stories he wrote as part of a comparative literature/theology course.
- Author BiographyGerhard Venter has been in love with language, the classics, theology, and philosophy for as long as he can remember. He started off his career, after completing a B.A. (Honours) course in Classical Languages at the University of Pretoria, as a translator of Russian and French texts in the Military, and then professionally wrote radio dramas for 4 years. He has published 4 short stories in national magazines, 2 hour long dramas on national radio, a translation from French of an Alexandre Dumas book, three x 1 year series of daily radio broadcasts, an article in the Glossolalia journal of Yale Divinity School, 3 stage plays (all of them performed and 2 of them prize-winning), and now a book of theological essays titled Teach Me, and I Will Be Quiet. Gerhard has recently become disabled because of chronic back pain and is currently writing a book on Christianity and chronic pain. He has a master's degree in theological studies from Emory University (MTS), is a certified Biblical life coach (CBLC), and is currently enrolled in a doctoral program in pastoral counseling. He lives with his wife and daughter, also a goat and a menagery of fowl, on a small farm in the North Georgia mountains.
- Author(s)Gerhard Venter
- Date of Publication17/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.