Teach Them All to Read: Catching Kids Before They Fall Through the Cracks by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The second edition of Elaine McEwan's book is a user-friendly guide that integrates research into practice. It carefully explains the research behind reading development and provides truly clear, -nsense steps to implement the best practices of instruction. McEwan does t sugar-coat how difficult teaching reading can be, but she provides powerful methods for achieving it' - Jennifer Sandberg, Curriculum/Reading Coordinator, Sutherland Public School, NE To successfully teach reading, teachers have to first believe that all children can learn to read-and then they have to turn that belief into a reality. In this thoroughly updated and revised version of her best-selling book, Elaine K. McEwan guides educators through the challenging but crucial work of teaching every child how to read. Written for all teachers as well as administrators, this resource covers strategies for nine essential components of effective reading instruction: phonemic awareness, phonics, spelling, fluency, developing a reading culture, providing opportunities to read, writing, word kwledge, and comprehension. This second edition features: - The most up-to-date research in reading instruction - Effective instructional practices and strategies - Brief vignettes and graphic organizers that illustrate and summarize key concepts - A comprehensive case study of one district's remarkable success This resource reveals precisely how educators in successful schools are teaching students to read-and how all educators can achieve the same results in their schools!
- Author BiographyElaine K. McEwan is an educational consultant with The McEwan-Adkins Group, offering professional development for educators to assist them in meeting the challenges of literacy learning in Grades Pre K-6. A former teacher, librarian, principal, and assistant superintendent for instruction in several suburban Chicago school districts, Elaine is the award-winning and best-selling author of more than three dozen books for educators. Her Corwin Press titles include Raising Reading Achievement in Middle and High Schools: Five Simple-to-Follow Strategies for Principals, Second Edition (2006), Seven Strategies of Highly Effective Readers: Using Cognitive Research to Boost K-8 Achievement (2004), Ten Traits of Highly Effective Principals: From Good to Great Performance (2003), Making Sense of Research: What's Good, What's Not, and How to Tell the Difference (2003), Seven Steps to Effective Instructional Leadership, Second Edition (2003), Teach Them ALL to Read: Catching the Kids Who Fall through the Cracks (2002), and Ten Traits of Highly Effective Teachers: How to Hire, Mentor, and Coach Successful Teachers (2001). McEwan was honored by the Illinois Principals Association as an outstanding instructional leader, by the Illinois State Board of Education with an Award of Excellence in the Those Who Excel Program, and by the National Association of Elementary School Principals as the National Distinguished Principal from Illinois for 1991. She received her undergraduate degree in education from Wheaton College and advanced degrees in library science (MA) and educational administration (EdD) from Northern Illinois University. McEwan lives with her husband and business partner, E. Raymond Adkins, in Oro Valley, Arizona. Between them, Elaine and Ray have five children, fifteen grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElaine K. McEwan-Adkins
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.