All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionEach piece in this book is broken down into clear and simple steps that show you how to build up the music gradually with your class. Combined with the accompanying DVD - which contains over 60 short clips of the author and a group of KS3 students demonstrating all of the instruments and patterns to each piece - teaching and learning world music has never been so easy or enjoyable. The pieces are supplemented with valuable background information about the music and culture, cross-curricular projects, composing ideas, advice on assessment and guidance on teaching whole-class world-music ensembles. The material has been designed primarily for use with KS2 and KS3 classes, but the addition of higher-ability parts for each piece means the book can be tailored easily to KS4 as well. It is t necessary to own authentic instruments to get the most out of this book as classroom alternatives are suggested and demonstrated.
- Author BiographyMike Simpson is the musical director of Inspire-works, who provide world-music workshops to around 40,000 students each academic year. They have also led INSET sessions for many music services, local authorities and national conferences.
- Author(s)Mike Simpson
- PublisherMusic Sales Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRhinegold Education
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and DVD
- Running Time109
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.