Teacher Development: Exploring Our Own Practice by Anna Craft, Janet Soler (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis selection of carefully chosen articles invites teachers to explore their own professional development and review their practice in schools. It draws together the multifaceted nature of primary teaching through a focus upon historical, cultural and political influences and considers the impact this has upon the way primary teachers develop professional kwledge. Issues explored in the book include: changing approaches to: curriculum selection; school organization and; curriculum planning. These are situated and considered in the personal contexts of primary teachers' continuing professional development. Themes explored include: analysis of critical incidents as a strategy for developingreflective practice; issues embedded in individual versus collaborative approaches to using reflective practice in professional development; the teacher as researcher. This invative book draws together issues concerning the way primary teachers develop professional kwledge and the influence this has upon their practice in schools. At the same time it encourages teachers to apply their reading to their own personal context and research an aspect of their own practice.It includes both some of the most recent research alongside classic articles, drawing on the work of some of the most rewned figures in primary education.
- Author BiographyAnna Craft is Professor of Education at the University of Exeter, England, where she leads the CREATE research cluster. She is also Reader at The Open University, England, and Director of The Open Creativity Centre. She is founding Co-Editor Thinking Skills and Creativity (Elsevier) and founding Co-Convenor of the British Educational Research Association Special Interest Group, Creativity in Education. She holds a Visiting appointment at Harvard University and has held visiting appointments at Hong Kong Institute of Education. Her most recent books include Creative Learning 3-11 and how we document it (Trentham Books, 2007), Creativity in Schools: Tensions and Dilemmas (Routledge, 2005), Creativity and Early Years Education (Continuum, 2002), Creativity Across the Primary Curriculum (RoutledgeFalmer, 2000). Her empirical work, informed by constructivist and socio-cultural views of learning, seeks to impact practice, policy and theory.
- Author(s)Anna Craft,Janet Soler
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDeveloping Practice in Primary Education S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight283 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnna Craft,Hilary Burgess,Janet Soler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.