All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, an inaugural publication from the Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA), Teacher Education: Invation, Intervention and Impact is both a product of, and seeks to contribute to, the changing global and political times in teacher education research. This book marks an historically significant shift in the collective work and outreach of the Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA) as it endeavours to become an even more active contributor to a research-rich foundation for initial teacher education and to a research-informed teaching profession. The book showcases teacher education research and scholarship from a wide range of institutional collaborations across Australia. Studies highlight the multiple ways in which teacher education researchers are engaging with students, teachers, schools and communities to best prepare future teachers. It informs both teacher education policy and practice and is 'a must read' for those engaged in the education community. Above all it marks a shift for teacher educators to build a research rich teaching profession.
- Author BiographyRobyn Brandenburg is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Education, Federation University Australia. Student and teacher learning are at the core of her teaching and research. She has published widely and is nationally and internationally renowned for her work in reflective practice, teacher educator pedagogy and student feedback and evaluation. Her books, Powerful Pedagogy (Springer, 2008) and Pedagogies for the Future (Co-edited, SENSE, 2013) are highly regarded by her peers. Robyn has led education research projects and has received awards for her research and teaching including an Office for Learning and Teaching National Teaching Excellence Award (2013). Simone White is the Chair of Teacher Education at Monash University and current President of the Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA). Professor White's publications, research and teaching are focused on the key question of how to best prepare teachers and leaders for diverse communities. Professor White's current research areas focus on teacher education curriculum and pedagogy, supporting early career teachers in diverse settings, teacher professional learning and building and maintaining university-school/community partnerships. Sharon McDonough is an early career academic in the Faculty of Education and Arts at Federation University Australia where she is the program leader for the Master of Education Studies). In 2013 Sharon was awarded an Office of Learning and Teaching National Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning. Sharon researches in the field of self-study, teacher emotion and embodiment, mentoring and classroom observations. Jenene Burke is Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching, in the Faculty of Education and Arts at Federation University Australia. She is a Senior Lecturer and also coordinates the Master of Special Education in the School of Education. Jenene has worked in teacher education for over 17 years after a career as secondary teacher and educational administrator. Jenene's research interests include inclusive education, disability studies in education, learning partnerships, play and pedagogy.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication17/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight608 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJenene Burke,Robyn Brandenburg,Sharon McDonough,Simone White
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.