All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat can you do with a pack of marshmallows and some tinfoil? Create invative, engaging learning opportunities; if you embrace the teacher geek mentality. What was your best lesson like? Rachel Jones thinks that her best lessons have happened when she's been brave eugh to wonder, 'What might happen if ...?' and done something a bit different. That is what Teacher Geek is all about: making the most of the resources you have at your disposal, and shaking up your thinking about what will inspire, engage and motivate learners. A teacher geek will look to exploit all potential learning opportunities, and be comfortable with taking risks by working with resources from outside their subject area. You have thing to lose by trying a few new ideas out in your classroom. What is more, a little teacher geek thinking can make lesson planning a whole lot easier. Here Rachel shows you how to blend edu-geeky analogue and digital teaching techniques, and offers suggestions on how to inspire your students, revitalise your practice, and gain the rapt attention of your class. Teacher Geek shows you how to turn your passion as an educator into real results in your classroom.It is all about celebrating a real love of teaching and learning. It doesn't matter whether you have access to the latest techlogy, or whatever else you have at your disposal, it is all about creativity, confidence and celebrating achievement. And - let's face it - there is more to life than worksheets. Suitable for all teachers.
- Author BiographyRachel Jones, who loves sharing ideas, is a Google Certified Teacher interested in creativity and innovation in the classroom. She thrives on trying new things and engaging and empowering students. Her blog was a finalist in the 2013 EduBlog awards and was recommended by The Guardian as a must-read for 2014. Rachel is a regular blogger for The Huffington Post and a lively contributor on Twitter @rlj1981. She also curated Don't Change the Light Bulbs; a must-read anthology of mantras, lists, aphorisms, advice and activities from some of the UK's most switched-on educators.
- Author(s)Rachel Jones
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCamarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width184 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.