All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis new collection is an ideal sourcebook for courses in the history of education, social history courses and for the general reader interested in the history of education in Canada. It focuses on the social contexts of education, the curriculum as an instrument of social, ecomic and political policy, the role and status of teachers, and above all, what actually went on in schools and classrooms. Each topic begins with an editor introduction, followed by a key secondary interpretative article and concludes with a wealth of primary and secondary source material including diaries and other personal testimony, government reports, statistical surveys, and curriculum documents. All the material in the book was used as the basis for a dynamic course for history and education students.
- Author BiographyDouglas O. Baldwin was a professor of Canadian History at Acadia University. He now resides in Toronto and continues to write for a variety of publications.
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication17/06/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Weight612 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDouglas O Baldwin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.