All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers + Schooling Making a Difference takes seriously the question that teachers ask, What do I do on Monday? and does provide answers.'..From the foreword by Professor Michael Apple, University of Wisconsin. Education debates are currently dominated by free-market ideologists who push privatisation and competition as the answer to every problem, regardless of damage to schools and pupils. Teachers + Schooling Making a Difference shows that we can think about education in a far more productive way.'..Professor R.W.Connell, University of Sydney. This book is a lesson in making hope practical.It makes a compelling argument for recognising, supporting and enabling teachers as central to progressive school reform.'..Professor Jenny Ozga, University of Edinburgh..What teachers do in the classroom really matters, even though schools cant compensate fully for difficulties children may face at home and in society. Good teachers and good schools have been making a difference in children's lives for generations, but what exactly is it that works?..Based on extensive research in 1000 primary and secondary classrooms, this book examines the tough questions about teaching methods, curriculum, assessment and teachers' professionalism. The authors isolate the key elements that make the difference in the classroom, and offer teachers practical approaches to working with all their students...Teachers and Schools Making a Difference is essential reading for teachers and school administrators who want to improve their professional skills and offer a genuinely democratic education.
- Author BiographyDebra Hayes is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education at the University of Technology, Sydney. Martin Mills and Pam Christie are Associate Professors in the School of Education at the University of Queensland. Bob Lingard is Professor in the School of Education at the University of Sheffield (formerly at the University of Queensland). They are the authors of Leading Learning (Open University Press, 2003).
- Author(s)Bob Lingard,Debra Hayes,Martin Mills,Pam Christie
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in education
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight475 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.