All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching is hard. Many teachers find it stressful. New teachers often lose their enthusiasm. The special education population is skyrocketing. Students are losing their motivation. What has gone wrong? How can we create powerful learning in students? Most importantly, how can we bring joy back to the classroom? Mutual value theory, as developed by Dengting Boyanton, asserts that to generate powerful learning, four essential values must be instilled in both students and teachers: self-value - both students and teachers value themselves highly; perceived self-value-both consider themselves to be highly valued by others; other-value - both value each other highly; course-value - both value the course highly. Since 2007, the author has applied this theory to her classroom teaching and has received overwhelmingly positive feedback. Students describe her courses as motivating, engaging, enjoyable, respectful, and empowering. Based on both theory and personal teaching experiences, Teachers and Students as Co-Learners: Toward a Mutual Value Theory will help readers develop a deeper understanding of learning, re-ignite their enthusiasm, and, most importantly, create powerful teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Author BiographyDengting Boyanton (PhD, University of Virginia) is Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology at Long Island University-Post. She has earned many awards including the AERA Division K Early Career Award (nominee), Dupont Fellowship, A. L. Bennett Endowed Scholarship, and the LIU-TLI Instructional Innovation Award.
- Author(s)Dengting Boyanton
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight510 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.