All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his latest book, Daniel Meier highlights the critical importance of integrating content and mechanics for successful and engaged writing at the K-4 level. Featuring the teaching philosophies and strategies of seven exemplary teachers, and a discussion of relevant research and theory, Meier provides a fresh, practical, and much-needed perspective on making writing meaningful and effective in the current standards-based era. Written by an experienced teacher and researcher, Teaching Children to Write will be of interest to both new and veteran teachers, as well as curriculum coordinators, literacy coaches, and researchers on writing.Book Features:Explanations of key theories on early literacy research, integration of content and mechanics, and effective teaching strategies.Step-by-step guidance for using children's literature for writing, generating ideas and content, composing, writing, and revising.Models for supporting student writing with native and n-native English-language speakers. Guidance for using developmentally appropriate techniques and strategies to encourage young writers.< /liLA user-friendly format that includes samples of children's artwork and writing, questions for reflection, issues to consider, research summaries, and suggestions for teaching.
- Author BiographyDaniel Meier is Professor of Elementary Education at San Francisco State University. He also serves as co-editor of Voices of Practitioners, an online teacher research feature of NAEYC's Young Children. His books include Here's the Story, Learning from Young Children in the Classroom, Learning in Small Moments, Scribble Scrabble, and The Young Child's Memory for Words.
- Author(s)Daniel Meier
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight246 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.