Teaching Children with Autism: Strategies for Initiating Positive Interactions and Improving Learning Opportunities by Lynn Kern Koegel, Robert L. Koegel (Paperback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.12+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical sourcebook equips both parents and professionals with much-needed information regarding autism. Providing a comprehensive approach to behavioral intervention, this user-friendly guide begins with an overview of characteristics and long-term strategies and proceeds through discussions that detail specific techniques for rmalizing environments, reducing disruptive behavior, improving language and social skills, and enhancing generalization. Teachers, professionals, and parents working with individuals with autism, as well as professors and students in education and psychology, will turn to this resource for information, guidance, and support.
- Author BiographyLynn Kern Koegel, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, is Clinic Director at the Autism Research Center of the Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She has been active in the development of programs to improve communication in children with autism, including the development of first words, development of grammatical structures, and pragmatics. Dr. Lynn Kern Koegel is co-author and co-editor of major textbooks on autism and positive behavioral support and is co-author of the bestselling book Overcoming Autism: Finding the Answers, Strategies, and Hope That Can Transform a Child's Life (Penguin, 2004). In addition to her published books and articles in the area of communication and language development, she has developed and published prodcedures and field manuals in the area of self-management and functional analysis that are used in school districts throughout the United States and have been translated in most major languages used throughout the world. Dr. Lynn Kern Koegel is actively involved in providing support and intervention services in school districts, both locally in California and throughout the United States. She has also been featured in news reports on television stations throughout the United States and acted as a consultant for the internationally broadcast ABC television series Supernanny.William D. Frea, Ph.D., BCBA, Chief Clinical Officer, Autism Spectrum Therapies, 6001 Bristol Parkway, Suite 200, Culver City, California 90230. Dr. Frea is the co-founder of Autism Spectrum Therapies (http: //www.autismtherapies .com), an agency providing comprehensive applied behavior analysis services to individuals with autism. He and his agency specialize in intensive behavioral interventions, positive behavior supports, and social skills across the life span. Autism Spectrum Therapies also works closely with school districts to develop state-of-the-art autism programs. Robert L. Koegel, Ph.D., is Director of the Autism Research Center, Professor of Educational Psychology and Counseling/Clinical/School Psychology, and Professor of Special Education, Disability, and Risk Studies at the Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Dr. Robert L. Koegel is internationally known for his work in the area of autism, specializing in language intervention, family support, and school inclusion. He has published well over 150 articles and papers relating to the treatment of autism. He also has authored five books on the treatment of autism and on positive behavioral support. He has been the recipient of numerous multimillion-dollar research and training grants from the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Department of Education, and the National Institute of Mental Health. Models of his procedures have been used in public schools and in parent education programs throughout California and the United States, as well as other countries.
- Author(s)Lynn Kern Koegel,Robert L. Koegel
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/06/1995
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Out-of-print date26/02/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.