All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Children with High-Level Autism combines the perspectives of families and children with disabilities and frames these personal experiences in the context of evidence-based practice, providing pre- and in-service teachers and professionals with vital information on how they can help children with high-level autism reach their full potential. Many children with high-level autism are capable of regulating their behaviors given the right interventions, and this cutting edge text explores multiple methods for helping such children succeed academically, socially, and behaviorally. The book: * draws from interviews with twenty families who have middle- and high-school-aged children with high functioning autism or Aspergers syndrome; * presents a synthesis of the most cutting-edge research in the field; * provides practical advice for educating children with high-level autism; * is authored by two special education professors who are also both the parents of children with disabilities. Teaching Children with High-Level Autism is essential reading for anyone who works or plans to work with children on the upper range of the autism spectrum.
- Author BiographyPamela LePage is a Professor in special education at San Francisco State University. She is also the parent of a 15 year-old child with autism, and is one of the founders of the Autism Social Connection, a grassroots community-based program that provides integrated socialization programs for children and adults with autism and their families and friends. Susan Courey is an Associate Professor in special education at San Francisco State University. She is also the parent of a child with Tourette syndrome and a child with Attention Deficit Disorder and a learning disability in mathematics.
- Author(s)Pamela LePage,Susan Courey
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.