All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete guide to citizenship education which challenges teachers to enable pupils to make a difference to themselves and to society. Citizenship education was introduced into the curriculum as the subject to bring about a change in the political culture of a nation. However, without taking a radical approach to the teaching of this subject, its core values are likely to be lost. Teaching Citizenship Education introduces the central themes of the citizenship curriculum and evaluates the success of a number of delivery methods currently being used throughout the UK. Ralph Leighton adopts some of the insights and arguments provided by advocates of the radical and democratic approach to education to demonstrate that citizenship education can become a liberating and empowering force for change. He encourages readers to think about the nature of the subject and the experiences they are providing for their students, and provides a framework for how to go about creating something which really is more than just a subject. A companion website supports the text to ensure that the material remains up-to-date with current thinking and teaching strategies. It is a 'must-have' for all those looking to teach citizenship education with confidence and imagination.
- Author BiographyRalph Leighton is Principal Lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK, where he is Course Leader for PGCE Citizenship and a former Programme Director for the PGCE 11-18.
- Author(s)Ralph Leighton
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.92Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.