All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe media has a huge impact on how we view society and the world, and new techlogies continue to transform the way in which we work and learn. It is therefore essential that young people can engage critically in their consumption of media and the internet and are able to make informed decisions about the techlogies they use. This book explores the broad contexts and ideas that techlogy facilitates in our culture and considers what this means for teachers in practice. It aims to help you develop your understanding about, and pedagogy with, techlogy and includes: * the implications of new media and techlogy on twenty-first century education; * guidance on choosing and using digital techlogies and how these affect the educational opportunities for young people; * a consideration of students' critical and creative thinking with digital media and their confidence and automy in digital consumption and production; * references to recent research to support practice; * Links to resources and organisations who can offer support. Techlogy has a crucial role to play in processes of teaching and learning. This book is essential reading for trainee and practising teachers that wish to use a range of techlogical tools to form a dynamic and creative learning environment.
- Author BiographyClive McGoun is Senior Lecturer in Communication at Manchester Metropolitan University. His wide-ranging teaching and research interests include digital media communications and the culture and political economy of Web 2.0. Jonathan Savage is Reader in Education and Enterprise Fellow at the Institute of Education, Manchester Metropolitan University. He is also a Visiting Research Fellow at the Royal Northern College of Music. He teaches on various PGCE courses and doctoral studies programmes and is an active researcher in a wide range of areas relating to education and ICT.
- Author(s)Clive McGoun,Jonathan Savage
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.