Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a model to guide cultural competence education in academic and health care institutions as well as professional nursing associations.The book features discussions of key issues, the dynamics of diversity in the classroom and workplace, tools for assessment and evaluation, and educational activities for easy application in academic and practice settings. It is also appropriate for related health care professions, from recuperation specialists to medical doctors. The book additionally offers a peer-reviewed, field-tested, digitally available assessment toolkit for academic and health care institutions, and for nursing organisations and associations.
- Author BiographyMarianne R. Jeffreys, EdD, RN, is a professor of nursing at The City University of New York College of Staten Island. She received a BS in nursing from the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh, an MA and MEd in nursing education/professorial role from Teachers College, Columbia University, and an EdD in nursing education/nurse executive from Teachers College, Columbia University. As award recipient, Dr. Jeffreys received the AJN Book of the Year for the first edition of Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care and, in 2003, the Leininger Award for Excellence in Transcultural Nursing (Transcultural Nursing Society). She is also the author of Nursing Student Retention: Understanding the Process and Making a Difference (Springer, 2004) and 30 papers in professional journals. Her career includes a 20-year tenure teaching in ADN, RN-BSN, MSN and DNS programs, with consultations on all types of degree programs nationwide, and as an RN in various clinical settings for 9 years. She designed and teaches the Advanced Certificate Program in Cultural Competence, at CUNY, Staten Island.
- Author(s)Marianne R. Jeffreys
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date16/04/2016
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.