Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $18.27Trending at AU $20.02
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.04
- AU $16.37Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionShadowing, an active and highly cognitive technique for EFL listening skill development, in which learners track heard speech and vocalize it simultaneously, is gradually becoming recognized. However, there remain a lot of mysteries and misunderstandings about it. This book uncovers shadowing in terms of theory and practice. This book cements shadowing as a separate technique from other similar techniques such as Elicited Imitation, Mirroring, and simple repetition, and provides ample empirical data to explain the function of Shadowing. It also elaborates on how Shadowing should be used in terms of materials, procedure, and learners' psychology, which would aid in instructors' use of Shadowing in teaching. A guide on a method effective in improving learners' bottom-up listening skills, this book will certainly prove useful to English Language learners and instructors in their linguistic pursuits.
- Author BiographyYo Hamada is Associate Professor at the Center for Promotion of Educational Research and Affairs at Akita University, Japan.
- Author(s)Yo Hamada
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Language Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones
- Weight450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.