All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this essential book from ELL-expert Paul Boyd-Batstone, you'll find out how to teach reading while keeping in mind the unique needs of English language learners. You'll learn best practices and differentiated strategies for each domain of the Common Core Foundational Reading Skills, including print concepts, phological awareness, phonics and word recognition, and fluency. Topics covered include: * Ideas for using contextual support to help ELLs climb the staircase of complexity; * How to teach print concepts, such as ting word separation and using punctuation; * Strategies for teaching phological awareness, including distinguishing vowel sounds and blending sounds; * Ways to teach phonics and word recognition using informational and literary texts; and * Exemplary ideas for teaching fluency, such as through poetry, drama, and digital media. The book is filled with ready-to-use activities and complete lesson plans that address selected CCSS performance tasks at each grade level. These lesson plans demonstrate how to differentiate instruction based on your ELLs' reading level. The book also includes performance-level descriptors, rubrics, and templates, available for free download from our website at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138017696.
- Author BiographyPaul Boyd-Batstone, Ph.D. is a professor and chair of the Department of Teacher Education at California State University, Long Beach. He is editor of the California Reader, the practitioner journal for the California Reading Association. Dr. Boyd-Batstone is also author of Helping English Language Learners Meet the Common Core: Assessment and Instructional Strategies, K-12 (Routledge, 2013).
- Author(s)Paul Boyd-Batstone
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.