Teaching Elementary Social Studies: Principles and Applications by James J. Zarrillo (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $226.20+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $202.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to meet the needs of the diverse students in your first classroom through this unique elementary social studies methods textbook. With a unifying theme of diversity, it emphasizes differentiated instruction and meeting the needs of all students, including special attention to English learners, children with mild learning disabilities, and gifted students. Chapters on differentiated instruction (Chapter 4) and culturally-responsive teaching (Chapter 5) provide a strong foundation and context for the strategies and teaching tips that follow in later chapters. Reflecting the national trends toward standards-based instruction and greater utilization of techlogy, this book is a great resource for your first classroom and beyond. Read and reference this text for comprehensive coverage including new chapters on teaching geography and the literacy and social studies connection, as well as existing chapters on the history and current status of social studies; lesson and unit planning; cooperative learning; critical thinking; techlogy; assessment; integrating the language arts, the visual arts, and the performing arts; citizenship education; history and geography; and the other social sciences. Finally, instructors and students have praised earlier editions of this book because of its pragmatic and accessible style.
- Author BiographyDr. James Zarrillo is a Professor in the Department of Teacher Education. In September of 2009, he accepted the position of Interim Associate Dean of the College of Education and Allied Studies. Dr. Zarrillo's area of scholarly interest is the elementary school curriculum; specifically, children's literature, reading instruction, and social studies. Dr. Zarrillo is the author five books, several chapters in edited books and many journal articles. Dr. Zarrillo has been a member of the faculty at CSU East Bay since 1995. He was Chair of the Department of Teacher Education from 1995-1999, again in 2004-2007, and once more from January to June of 2009. He served as the Assistant Dean for Technology and Accountability in the College of Education and Allied Studies in 2001-2002. Prior to coming to CSU East Bay, Dr. Zarrillo was a member of the faculty at CSU Long Beach from 1988 - 1995. He taught elementary school in Burbank, California, from 1976- 1986.
- Author(s)James J. Zarrillo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.