All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren with both giftedness and special educational needs are often found in the mainstream classrooms. This essential resource provides an overview of existing kwledge about dual and multiple exceptionality (DME), examining the needs of gifted and talented children from both the class teacher's and SENCo's perspectives. Diane Montgomery explores both the specialist interventions that some children will need at least for part of their school life, as well as the general inclusive provision that every school can develop to meet the needs of all children. Focusing on evidence-based identification throughout, chapters in this accessible book cover: * An analysis of the terms 'giftedness and talent' and the different methods that can be used for identifying them and assessing their limitations * Identifying and supporting a range of difficulties, syndromes and disorders such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, DCD, ASD, ADHD and SEBD * How to manage classroom behaviour, improve school ethos and create a DME-friendly school through inclusive teaching and learning This invaluable resource will assist you in creating a DME friendly school, help to integrate learners with a range of difficulties and enable them and others to learn.
- Author BiographyDiane Montgomery is Professor Emerita at Middlesex University, UK, where she was Dean of Faculty and Head of the School of Education. She is a qualified and experienced teacher, teacher educator and chartered psychologist specialising in research on underachievement and dual and multiple exceptionality.
- Author(s)Diane Montgomery
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 18 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.