All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wanted to think of a way for your students to remember world capitals or the rivers in a certain region? Ebbesmeyer's book, Teaching Global Literacy Using Mnemonics, will help you do that and teach the national geography standards as well The book is divided into sections by continents. Each section has a short introduction, suggested antated reading lists of picture and chapter books to motivate student interest in that geographic area and a mnemonic sentence, rhyme, or story that will help students remember the makeup of the country or continent discussed. The mnemonics differ from the usual, in that they are directly connected to the region, people, or culture being studied. There is a simple map of the region and activities tied to the national standards for geography. Activities focus on ideas to integrate global studies with all other areas of the curriculum and on ways to motivate teachers and students to extend the lessons and create their own ideas.
- Author BiographyJoan Ebbesmeyer is a retired teacher, now Adjunct Professor at Missouri Baptist University in St. Louis, a storyteller, and a former Teacher Idea Press author (Literature Lures, 2002).
- Author(s)Joan Ebbesmeyer
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.