All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching Law re-imagines law school teaching and scholarship by going beyond crises w besetting the legal academy and examining deeper and longer-lasting challenges. The book argues that the legal academy has long neglected the need to focus teaching and scholarship on the ideals of justice that law fitfully serves, the political origins of law, and the development of a respectful but critical relationship with the legal profession. It suggests reforms to improve the quality of legal education and responds to concerns that law schools eschew the study of justice, rendering students amoralist; that law schools slight the political sources of law, particularly in legislative action; and that law schools have igred the profession entirely. These areas of neglect have impoverished legal teaching and scholarship as the academy is refashioned in response to current financial exigencies, and addressing them is long overdue.
- Author BiographyRobin L. West teaches law and humanities at Georgetown University Law Center. She is the author, most recently, of Normative Jurisprudence: An Introduction (2011) and Marriage, Sexuality, and Gender (2007), and co-editor of Jurisprudence Cases and Materials, (2006 with Brian Bix, Stephen Gottlieb and Timothy Lytton). She writes broadly on jurisprudence, law and humanities, legal feminism and constitutional theory. She was one of the founders of the Association for the Study of Law, Culture and the Humanities and is an elected Member-at-Large of the Association for Political and Legal Philosophy. She has published more than 120 articles on law and humanities, constitutional law and theory, and jurisprudence, most recently in The Yale Law Journal, NOMOS, Harvard Law Review Online, Jurist, and Pennsylvania Law Review Online.
- Author(s)Robin L. West
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.