All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $45.21Free postage
- AU $48.42Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionChildren growing up in the 21st century need to understand the full range of media available to them, both as sources of information and entertainment, and as a means of communicating and sharing ideas. Embedded in the primary curriculum, media education enables children to become more fully literate for the digital age. Grounded in best classroom practice, this book aims to help you think about the role of media in children's lives, and to teach about media effectively in your classroom. Three dimensions of media education for the 3-11 age range are highlighted : children's own cultural experiences, the development of critical awareness, and opportunities for creative expression. The chapters are written by literacy advisors, leading academics, teacher-trainers and classroom practitioners. Topics covered include: - understanding children's relationships with media and how to build on these constructively - getting to grips with multimodality - developing children's critical skills through watching and analysing moving image media - broadening children's experiences of different kinds of media and their media literacy - creative media activities that promote imaginative thinking and decision-making - the importance of social networking and social media and how to use these in the classroom In an increasingly digital world, media education is an essential part of good teaching, t just as a tool to teach the more traditional aspects of the curriculum, but in its own right as an essential part of literacy. This book is relevant to all teachers working in Primary schools, and will be particularly helpful for Literacy Co-ordinators.
- Author BiographyCary Bazalgette is a freelance researcher, writer and consultant specializing in media education development; she is Chair of the Media Education Association and a member of the European Commission's Media Literacy Experts' Group.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, figures
- Weight272 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCary Bazalgette
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.