All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionTo meet expanding demands of equity and accountability, and to help address the 'make it meaningful' and 'make it interesting' requirement for brain-friendly learning, teachers need resources of authentic material to create problems they can weave into their math curriculums. This book will help teacher to help their students develop money literacy along with mathematical literacy. The need is well understood because this kwledge is essential to everyday adult life. This book introduces students to buying a car, paying taxes, buying a house, and managing money. As social security disappears for this generation, it will become almost an ethical responsibility for schools to give students a head start on understanding the mathematics of investments. The book brings mathematics to life within an interesting and meaningful context. Each chapter provides: Links to NCTM standards Background kwledge for teachers to review and expand their own understanding kwledge of an area of personal money management, and to draw on to introduce the topic to their students Specific examples to look at with students Questions (with answers) for exploring the content and checking understanding of the underlying math Suggestions for possible projects to extend and apply the learning.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Marquez is a mathematics assessment specialist at Educational Testing Service (ETS) in Princeton, New Jersey. Elizabeth has more than thirty years of mathematics teaching experience from elementary through graduate school. She is a recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching and the Princeton University Prize for Distinguished Secondary School Teaching. Elizabeth is an author of ETS's Teacher Assistance Package Guides in Mathematics, the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards and Frameworks, Mathematics Standardized Test Prep, and for Eye on Education, with Charlotte Danielson, A Collection of Performance Tasks and Rubrics in Mathematics. Paul Westbrook, CFP, is President of Westbrook Financial Advisers, a fee-only financial and retirement planning firm in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Paul has spoken at financial planning and benefits conferences and has been quoted in Money magazine, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, and Barron's. He also teaches at the business school at Rutgers University. Paul has written several books: Word Smart for Business, Math Smart for Business, and Business Companion. He also wrote JK Lasser's New Rules forRetirement and Tax.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Marquez,Paul Westbrook
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.