Teaching Physics: WITH The Physics Suite CD-ROM by Edward F. Redish (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA companion guide to using the Physics Suite, Teaching Physics is a book about learning to be a more effective physics teacher. It is meant for anyone who is interested in learning about recent developments in physics education. It is t a review of specific topics in physics with hints for how to teach them and lists of common student difficulties. Rather, it is a handbook with a variety of tools for improving both teaching and learning of physics from new kinds of homework and exam problems, to surveys for figuring out what has happened in your class, to tools for taking and analyzing data using computers and video. Teaching Physics includes:* an introduction to the cognitive model of thinking and learning that underlies modern physics education research* principles and guidelines for making use of and understanding the implications of this cognitive model for the classroom* a discussion of formative and summative evaluation with a variety of thinking problems useful for homework and exams* a discussion of assessment of the success of instruction using research-based concept and attitude surveys* discussion of 11 research-based curricular materials for use in lecture, lab, recitation, and workshops environments* tips and guidelines for how to improve your instruction In addition, the book comes with a Resource CD containing 14 conceptual and 3 attitude surveys, more than 250 thinking problems covering all areas of introductory physics, resource materials from commercial vendors on use of computerized data acquisition and video, and a variety of other useful reference materials.
- Author BiographyEDWARD F. (JOE) REDISH is a Professor of Physics at the University of Maryland where he has taught for over 30 years. He received his Ph.D. in th4eoretical nuclear physics from MIT and was an active researcher in that field for 25 years. Since 1991, he has devoted his research effort to physics education and has established a research group at Maryland. He is the recipient of numerous awards for his scholarship of teaching and learning including the 1998 Millikan award from the AAPT.
- Author(s)Edward F. Redish
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width192 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.