Teaching Preschool and Kindergarten Math: More Than 175 Ideas, Lessons, and Videos for Building Foundations in Math, a Multimedia Professional Learning Resource by Brenda Mercado, Ann Carlyle (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $95.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough an exciting multimedia format, Teaching Preschool and Kindergarten Math takes you into an early childhood classroom for a seeing is believing look at how to create a focused, successful mathematics program while simultaneously deepening your kwledge of the mathematical ideas that need to be developed at an early age. You ll find: 26 video segments filmed in an actual classroom; more than 150 lessons and investigations; dozens of ideas for encouraging and supporting math talk with young children; numerous formative assessment recommendations including videos ofone-on-one interviews; research-based strategies and insights to student misconceptions; reproducibles (also available in a downloadable, printable format atwww.mathsolutions.com/teachingpreschoolreproducibles), and more.The demands of the Common Core State Standards require students to have a stronger grounding in math concepts early on. In addition, research indicates that mastery of math concepts in early childhood is the most powerful predictor of later learning. These factors and more make Teaching Preschool and Kindergarten Math an essential go-to resource for the teaching and learning of early childhood mathematics.
- Author BiographyAnn Carlyle teaches Math Methods courses for UCSB's Graduate School of Education. She is also a supervisor of teaching candidates and academic coordinator. Ann was an elementary teacher in Goleta for more than thirty-seven years. She is the 1993 California recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching and the 2000 recipient of the George Polya Memorial Award from the California Mathematics Council. Ann has previously served on the National Council Teachers of Mathematics Board of Directors. Ann is also a Math Solutions consultant. Brenda Mercado has been an early childhood teacher for almost thirty years, fourteen of which she has taught preschool. She has been studying the Reggio Emelia approach for more than ten years and has hosted two international conference site tours. Brenda is also a Math Solutions consultant.
- Author(s)Ann Carlyle,Brenda Mercado
- PublisherMath Solutions Publications
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMath Solutions Publications
- Weight794 g
- Width185 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.