Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.76+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with reference to the 2007 Professional Standards for the Award of QTS and initiatives such as the Primary National Strategy, each chapter offers practical guidance on topics such as planning, assessment and the creation of resources. It provides summaries of key topics in primary geography, including the study of places, environmental sustainability, learning beyond the classroom, global issues, citizenship and cross-curricular approaches to promote children's subject kwledge, well-being and learning within primary geography. With research summaries, practical and reflective tasks, and classroom examples, this book helps trainees and NQTs teach primary geography confidently and creatively throughout the primary school.
- Author BiographySimon Catling is Assistant Dean of the Westminster Institute of Education at Oxford Brookes University. He spent many years as a classroom teacher in primary schools in London before moving into teacher education, where he has worked with primary trainee teachers as geography tutor. His recent research has been in such areas as children's understanding of geography, the state of primary geography and the provision of geography in primary teacher training courses. He has run many primary geography workshops and extended geography in-service courses. He has written widely on geography in primary education, including regularly in Primary Geographer. He is author of Placing Places and the Mapstart series Tessa Willy is Senior Lecturer in Primary Geography Education at Roehampton University, London. She has taught in a wide variety of schools for the past 20 years, starting her career as a geography secondary teacher and then converting to primary education where she worked for 12 years. She has recently moved into teacher education, working at Oxford Brookes and Roehampton Universities as a specialist primary geography tutor. She has written a number of articles on primary geography themes, in particular the importance of fieldwork, environmental change and sustainable development, and the role of geography in the primary school curriculum. She has also run a number of in-service primary geography workshops for teachers.
- Author(s)Simon J. Catling,Tessa Willy
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight444 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.