Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionHow can you unlock your own creativity to help children learn science creatively? How do you bring the world of 'real science' into the classroom? Where does science fit in a creative curriculum? This second edition of Teaching Science Creatively has been fully updated to reflect new research, initiatives and developments in the field. It offers invative starting points to enhance your teaching and highlights curiosity, observation, exploration and enquiry as central components of children's creative learning in science. Illustrated throughout with examples from the classroom and beyond, the book explores how creative teaching can harness children's sense of wonder about the world around them. With easily accessible chapters, it offers a comprehensive introduction to the core elements of creative science learning, supporting both teacher and child in developing scientific concepts and skills. The book explores key issues such as: * the links between scientific and creative processes * how to teach creatively, and for creativity * the role of play in early scientific learning * developing scientific understanding through drama (new) * using the outdoors in science * how theories of learning relate to children's creative development * teaching science topics in invative and creative ways - games, drama, role play, puppets, mini-safaris and welly walks! Stimulating and accessible, with contemporary and cutting-edge practice at the forefront, Teaching Science Creatively introduces fresh ideas to support and motivate both new and experienced primary teachers. It is an essential purchase for any professional who wishes to incorporate creative approaches to teaching science in their classroom.
- Author BiographyDan Davies is Dean of Cardiff School of Education, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK. Deb McGregor is Professor of Education in the School of Education, Oxford Brookes University, UK.
- Author(s)Dan Davies,Deb McGregor
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning to Teach in the Primary School Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 32 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.