All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho was right about gravity - Aristotle or Galileo? Do woodlice like the damp or the sunshine? Now in full colour, the new edition of this core textbook is packed full of exciting ideas and methods to help trainees and teachers looking for creative ways of teaching science to primary school children. It's the perfect step-by-step guide for anyone teaching science for the first time. Reflecting the new curriculum, the third edition has been extensively updated throughout and w includes: * a brand new chapter on teaching science outdoors * lots of guidance on how to work scientifically in the classroom * a new focus on assessment of 'secondary readiness' * new activities and case studies, with helpful links to developing scientific skills With practical examples, case studies, clear guidance on how to turn theory into creative practice, and lots of ideas for lively science lessons and activities, this is the ideal book for anyone studying primary science on initial teacher education courses, and teachers looking for new ideas to use in the classroom.
- Author BiographyHellen Ward is actively involved in science education, working as a Principal lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University and with teachers in a number of Local Authorities. Hellen has written several books and a number of other publications, and has developed teaching resources and teaching materials to support the teaching and learning of science. She has also contributed to science television programmes, website and teaching resources for the BBC Hellen is faculty Director for STEM at Christ Church and is also an independent education consultant. Hellen is an active member of the Association for Science Education (ASE). and a regular contributor to both national and regional conferences. She is also a member of the Association for Achievement and Improvement through Assessment (AIAA) and has published materials on assessment. Hellen is a hub leader for the Primary Science Quality Mark working with teachers across the kent and Medway region. Judith Roden is an experienced teacher of science in all phases of education. She was a Principal Lecturer working in the Faculty of Education, Canterbury Christ Church University, where she undertook the role of crossphase science team leader, managing a large team of science tutors. She has written a number of science books including the Reflective Reader in Primary Science Education, co-wrote Extending Knowledge in Practice as well a number of books, articles and chapters in respected science books. Judith now works part time for Teach First Kent and Medway.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byHellen Ward,Judith Roden
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.