All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help equip students with the kwledge and skills to minimise their chances of being the victims of violence and handle an attacker with minimal confrontation. Even if the readers have kwledge of self-defence strategies, with this book the reader can teach students personal safety, conflict-resolution techniques and self-defense tactics. Joan Neide, a physical education teacher with a seventh-degree black belt in Uechiryu karate, has created an easy-to-use resource that will help increase students' awareness and avoidance abilities and learn the basic physical skills they need in order to defend themselves.This book will help students think critically and make sound decisions about their homes and personal safety, learn the motor skills and movement patterns they need in order to defend themselves, develop poise and confidence to react effectively in dangerous situations and define their own limitations as they apply to self-defence. The book supplies 19 detailed lesson plans that cover up to 20 days for a two or four week unit. These plans are designed for classes in 50 to 60 minute periods, but also provided are practical strategies to adapt the plans for any class size and setting. This book contains clear-cut, well-organised and flexible lesson plans that allows the readers to teach self-defence and leave the students prepared and to defend themselves.
- Author BiographyJoan Neide, EdD, is a professor of physical education at California State University at Sacramento, where she specialises in physical education pedagogy, history and curriculum design. Dr. Neide earned her renshi (master instructor) rank in Uechi-ryu karate in 2002 and has taught self-defense for more than 30 years at the public school and university levels. She holds a seventh-degree black belt in Uechi-ryu karate and has combined her interests in physical education and Asian studies to include research in Southeast Asian children's play patterns as well as the study of martial arts.
- Author(s)Joan Neide
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note74 photos
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.