Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a teacher's resource book tailor-made for EFL teachers who want to bring Shakespeare into their classes. It includes forty invative lesson plans with ready-to-use worksheets, hands-on games and student-oriented activities that help EFL learners achieve higher levels of English proficiency and cultural sensitivity. By introducing the plots, characters, and language arts employed in Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, The Taming of the Shrew, and The Merchant of Venice, the book conveys English grammatical rules and aspects like a walk in the garden; complicated rhetorical features such as stress, meter, rhyme, homonymy, irony, simile, metaphor, euphemism, parallelism, unusual word order, etc. are taught through meaning-driven games and exercises. Besides developing EFL learners' English language skills, it also includes practical extended tasks that enhance higher-order thinking skills, encouraging reflection on the central themes in Shakespeare's plays.
- Author BiographyMs. Miriam Lau Leung-che is a lecturer at Hong Kong Community College, Polytechnic University, where she teaches academic English. She has published papers in Shakespeare Review and Nordlit, and she is currently doing her doctoral studies at the Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham. Dr. Anna Tso is associate professor of English and Comparative Literature at the Open University of Hong Kong, where she heads the Master of Arts in Applied English Linguistics, leads the English Cultural Literacy team, and directs the Digital Humanities Research Centre. She is currently awarded a government research grant for improving university students' academic writing at the Open University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Leung Che Miriam Lau
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication24/09/2016
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 46 colour illustrations, 23 colour tables, biography
- Weight442 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.