All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionSince the beginning of the 20th century, the film industry has confronted, challenged, and explored various social issues through its films. Social issue films are an excellent resource for teaching social issues. Teachers will find this book to be a valuable resource for teaching social issues. This book includes a discussion on teaching social issues, teaching with film, and how social issue films can be utilized to enhance the curriculum. This volume offers teachers an effective means for teaching social issues to today's digital and media savvy students. Furthermore, this volume details how film can be used to teach social issues, discusses relevant legal issues surrounding the use of film in the classroom, and details two separate models for teaching social issues with film. The heart of the book includes a detailed filmography of 180 films that pertain to 30 social issues. Each social issue includes a definition/explanation of the social issue and details six films. Each film detailed includes complete bibliographic information and a sypsis. This volume is clearly organized and expertly written for educators and is beneficial to librarians and teachers at the secondary and college level, particularly in social studies, sociology, history, political science, literature, film studies, and other social sciences.
- Author BiographyWilliam B. Russell III, at The University of Central Florida. He serves as the Social Science Education Ph.D. coordinator and teaches social science education courses. His research interests include teaching with film and alternative teaching methods for the social studies. Dr. Russell is the author of Using Film in the Social Studies, Civil War Films for Teachers and Historians, and numerous articles in professional journals. Dr. Russell serves as the executive director for The International Society for the Social Studies (www.TheISSS.org) and is the editor of The Journal of Social Studies Research. Dr. Russell earned his Ph.D. in Social Science Education from Florida State University, and prior to moving into higher education, he taught middle and high school social studies in Florida.
- Author(s)III William B. Russell
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight289 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.