All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial skills are a significant challenge for people with autism and typically become an important focus of their behaviour therapy. This groundbreaking compendium, written by the leading practitioners in the field, examines the most current and effective methods of teaching social skills to children and adults with ASE. The authors present various evidence-based approaches, and include case studies to illustrate how each strategy is used in practice. Examples of the topics covered include how to: Train parents on increasing a child's engagement & play; Distinguish social skills from communication/language skills; Combine approaches in small group settings with typically developing peers; Target core deficits of autism with Pivotal Response Treatment; Use conversational scripts, video modelling, and peer mediated interventions; Employ naturalistic teaching strategies; Promote and develop specific social skills; Collect and analyse data and chart progress. ABA therapists, teachers, early interventionists, SLPs, college students, and families can use this authoritative book to prepare, implement, and modify a social skills treatment plan and monitor its success.
- Author BiographyAndy Bondy, Ph.D., has over 35 years experience working with children and adults with autism and related developmental disabilities. For over 10 years he served as the Director of the Statewide Delaware Autistic Program. He and his wife, Lori Frost, pioneered the development of the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and co-founded Pyramid Educational Consultants, an internationally based team of specialists from many fields who annually train and consult with thousands of people around the world. Lori A Frost, M.S., CCC/SLP is a speech/language pathologist certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association with over 25 years experience working with children with limited communication and severely challenging behaviour. Mary Jane Weiss is a behaviour analyst who has worked in the autism field over 25 years. Her clinical and research interests centre on the identification of best practices for teaching learners with autism, on facilitating family coping and adaptation, and teaching and training in ABA. She is the author of several articles and books, and a regular presenter at regional and national conferences.
- PublisherWoodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWoodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notetables, charts & illus
- Weight270 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byAndy Bondy,Mary Jane Weiss
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.