Teaching Student-centered Mathematics: Developmentally Appropriate Instruction for Grades 3-5 (Volume II) by Lou Ann H. Lovin, Karen S. Karp, Jennifer M. Bay-Williams, John A. Van de Walle (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $82.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInitially adapted from Van de Walle's market-leading textbook, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics, the Van de Walle Professional Mathematics Series are practical guides for developmentally appropriate, student-centered mathematics instruction from best selling mathematics methods authors John Van de Walle, Karen Karp, LouAnn Lovin, and Jennifer Bay-Williams. Specially designed for in-service teachers, each volume of the series focuses on the content relevant to a specific grade band and provides additional information on creating an effective classroom environment, engaging families, and aligning teaching to the Common Core State Standards. Additional activities and expanded lessons are also included. The series has three objectives: 1. To illustrate what it means to teach student-centered, problem-based mathematics 2. To serve as a reference for the mathematics content and research-based instructional strategies suggested for pre-kindergarten to grade two, grades three to five, and grades six to eight 3. To present a large collection of high quality tasks and activities that can engage students in the mathematics that is important for them to learn Volume II is tailored specifically to grades 3-5, allowing teachers to quickly and easily locate information to implement in their classes. The student-centered approach will result in students who are successful in learning mathematics, making these books indispensable for 3-5 classroom teachers!
- Author BiographyJohn A. Van de Walle The late John Van de Walle was a professor emeritus at Virginia Commonwealth University. He was a mathematics education consultant who regularly gave professional development workshops for K-8 teachers in the United States and Canada. He visited and taught in elementary school classrooms and worked with teachers to implement student-centered math lessons. He co-authored the Scott Foresman-Addison Wesley Mathematics K-6 series and contributed to the Pearson School mathematics program, enVisionMATH. Additionally, he wrote numerous chapters and articles for the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) books and journals and was very active in NCTM, including serving on the Board of Directors, Chair of the Educational Materials Committee, and a frequent speaker at national and regional meetings. Karen Karp Karen S. Karpis a professor of mathematics education at the University of Louisville (Kentucky). Prior to entering the field of teacher education she was an elementary school teacher in New York. Karen's research interests is on teaching mathematics to diverse populations. She is also co-author of Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, Growing Professionally: Readings from NCTM Publications for Grades K-8, Developing Essential Understanding of Addition and Subtraction for Teaching Mathematics in Pre-K-Grade 2 and numerous book chapters and articles. She is a former member of the Board of Directors of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and a former president of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE). She continues to work in classrooms to support teachers of students with disabilities in their mathematics instruction. LouAnn Lovin LouAnn Lovin is a professor of mathematics education at James Madison University (Virginia). She co-authored the First Edition of the Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics Professional Development Series with John A. VandeWalle as well as Teaching Mathematics Meaningfully: Solutions for Reaching Struggling Learners with special educators David Allsopp and Maggie Kyger. LouAnn taught mathematics to middle and high school students before transitioning to PreK-8. Over the last 15 years, she has worked in K-8 classrooms and engaged with teachers in professional development as they implement a student-centered approach to teaching mathematics. She has published articles in NCTM's Teaching Children Mathematics and Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School and has served on NCTM's Educational Materials Committee.LouAnn's research interest is on ways to develop teachers' mathematical knowledge needed to teach for understanding. Jennifer M. Bay Williams Jennifer Bay-Williams is a professor of mathematics education at the University of Louisville (Kentucky). Jennifer has published many articles on teaching and learning in NCTM journals. She has also coauthored numerous books, including: Mathematics Coaching: Tools and Resources for Coaches and Leaders, K-12; Developing Essential Understanding of Addition and Subtraction for Teaching Mathematics in Pre-K-Grade 2, Math and Literature: Grades 6-8, Math and Nonfiction: Grades 6-8, and Navigating through Connections in Grades 6-8. Jennifer taught elementary, middle, and high school in Missouri and in Peru, and continues to work in classrooms at all levels with students and with teachers. Jennifer served as member of Board of Directors for TODOS: Equity for All, as president of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE), and editor for the 2012 NCTM Yearbook.
- Author(s)Jennifer M. Bay-Williams,John A. Van de Walle,Karen S. Karp,Lou Ann H. Lovin
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.