All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionValuable insight and sound intervention strategies for addressing the needs of students with social and emotional problems! When a student is inattentive, extremely anxious, or has an outright tantrum in the classroom, ascertaining the exact cause may be difficult, but it is a critical step in reaching and teaching the students who exhibit these behaviors. In Teaching Students With Emotional Disturbance, Ysseldyke and Algozzine show readers how to recognize the cognitive, academic, physical, communicational, and behavioral characteristics of several forms of emotional disturbance and offer specific strategies for responding to anxiety issues, opposition and ncompliance, tantrums, disruptiveness, inattention, task avoidance, and more. Highlights include: * A pretest and posttest to help readers assess their understanding about the origins of social and emotional difficulties and how they are best addressed * Effective interventions and instructional adaptations for students who have emotional problems * Trends and issues currently influencing how students with social and emotional problems are taught * Key vocabulary terms The authors offer a wealth of information and resources so that teachers can better identify the needs of students with emotional disturbance and help them succeed in the classroom.
- Author BiographyBob Algozzine, PhD, earned his doctorate from Pennsylvania State University in 1975, joining the faculty there that same year and moving to the University of Florida in 1977. Since 1987, he has been a faculty member at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He currently resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. Jim Ysseldyke, PhD, is Birkmaier Professor in the Department of Educational Psychology, director of the School Psychology Program, and director of the Center for Reading Research at the University of Minnesota. He currently resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Bob Algozzine,Jim Ysseldyke
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight128 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.